Sunday, March 22, 2009

Growth sprurts blow.

So I guess Jonah is going through his 3 week growth spurt. It's insane! We switched to exclusively formula Tuesday and since then he's gone up from eating 2.5 oz to me giving him his first 4 oz bottle this morning! You'd think as we add more food he would sleep longer! UM NO! He is waking up every 2 hours to eat at night! It's killing me! Don't get me wrong I know I've been super lucky in getting 4-5 hours of sleep at a time at night but it still sucks. I don't even mind getting up with him. I actually kind of love being up with him late at night when it's peaceful but once I'm up it's hard for me to go back to sleep. I usually force myself to go back to sleep but last night at our 4:30 a.m. feeding I just couldn't. I straightened up the kitchen and living room and got on the computer for a few minutes. I then forced myself to go back to bed so I wouldn't be SO exhausted today. That was a waste really though because by the time I got to sleep (a good sleep) he was awake again and MO was telling me he's hungry.

Don't even get me started on that topic. Mo told me he was going to feed/change him during the nights he didn't have to work the next day. I guess that was just all talk and bullshit and no action. He insists on me letting him do things with Jonah HIS way all the time but when it comes to doing anything at night he suddenly had 1000 ?'s which leaves me awake so why not I just get up and do it?!! Another thing that pisses me off is that since we've started him on formula I always ask him when he gets home if he wants to give him a bottle and he says no. Seriously?! It's one effin bottle! He just wants to play with him and not share in any of the messy stuff. ::Sigh:: Just needed to vent!

No comments: