Friday, March 20, 2009

2 week checkup.

Jonah had his 2 week check up Tuesday. The pediatrician said he looked great! He's up to 6 lbs. 6 oz. and he measured 19.5 inches but we think they measured wrong at the hospital because at birth he was 20 inches lol. I was freaking out because I thought he had shrunk! The Dr. assured me he hadn't shrunk but the measurements weren't accurate. I wish my little monkey would grow a little longer so I can put his newborn pants on him! I'm just thankful that he got a clean bill of health!

I also decided to *officially* switch Jonah to exclusive formula feeding Tuesday. It was a hard decision but one I had to just suck it up and make. I don't want to go into detail why breastfeeding didn't work out because I've finally gotten okay with the decision and I don't want to make myself feel bad all over again. We are 4 days into formula feeding and besides some tummy adjustment issues and bad gas pains I feel like I made a good decision. Mommy is much happier and I think once the tummy issues get worked out Jonah will be a happier baby because of it :) Now I feel like I can breathe and we can look forward to better days!

No comments: