Yesterday was a rough day. My impatient nature is just getting the best of me. That and just really wanting my baby and my body seperate already. I had my weekly Dr. visit yesterday morning and I was dissapointed that I had made no more progress in a week and a half. Even after having contractionsn and lots of intense pressure I am still only 1 cm dilated.
I asked the Dr. what the plan was and she said that we would wait until next Friday at my appt. to discuss the induction. If i've had more progress by next week we will schedule an induction for early the following week (probably March 2 or 3). If I don't have any more progress I may just have to wait it out for another week...which means going past my due date! I pray to God that I have something happen in the next week. I'm going to walk and clean and do everything I can to get something going down there lol.
It's really funny because I'm so READY to meet Jonah that I am really not that scared of labor at all. I'm sure once I get to the hospital I will have a moment of freak out but I'm really calm about it and excited about the experience.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
I'm not good at updating the blog apparently... lol. Sorry it's been a while but things have been SO busy and now I'm bored to tears waiting these last few weeks. A few big things that have happened in the last 8 weeks:
- I had an AMAZING shower thanks to my family and friends! It was so great and I got so many beautiful gifts! I will post a few pics!
- I took my N-CLEX and passed! WOOHOO! I am officially an RN! I cried like a little baby when I found out I had passed! It is such a relief to know that I will have an amazing career waiting for me after pregnancy that will provide so much for my new family :)
- This kid is going to be spoiled rotten! I have spent so much money on useless crap for him! Too many cute clothes being most of it.
- As of today at my Dr. appointment I had gained 37 lbs. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it but it's kind of depressing! I really hope breastfeeding helps the lbs. melt away after birth.
- I had my first internal exam today and I'm 1 cm dilated! YAY for progress! I know that could mean absolutely nothing but it's exciting never the less. I'm glad something is going on down there lol.
Posted by Ashley at 6:40 PM